Skip to content

Powers of Attorney

las law offices attorney

Did you know that if you are over 18 years of age and you become incapacitated (e.g., if you suffer a stroke, are in a coma, develop Alzheimer’s or dementia), no one – not even your spouse, a parent, or an adult child of yours – is legally able to automatically step in for you to make your medical or financial decisions? If you become incapacitated, someone will have to go to probate court to be appointed your guardian (to manage your general care) and conservator (to manage your financial affairs). Not only can this be a lengthy process, but there is no guarantee that the probate court judge will appoint the person or people you would want to make your decisions for you.

The attorneys at La Grasso, Abdo & Silveri, PLLC can help you proactively prepare documents that appoint the person or people of your choosing to manage your affairs during your incapacitation. These documents include:

  • General Durable Power of Attorney
  • Patient Advocate Designation (sometimes called a Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care), and
  • HIPAA Authorization form

These documents will help avoid the need for your loved ones to go to probate court in the midst of an already emotional and stressful time.

  • Call today for a free consultation

    (586) 413-7777


    Monday to Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM

  • Please take an opportunity to fill out this questionnaire if you wish to have the attorneys at La Grasso, Abdo & Silveri, PLLC check your eligibility to have convictions set aside.